We are a multi-disciplined design and production agency, specialising in retail marketing for global brands. Our unique approach and passion for innovation pushes creative and technological boundaries which, together delivers amazing ROI for our clients. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced project manager to join our team and support our growth plan…
Position: Retail Design Strategist
Platform: Trends & Insights
Responsible to: Managing Director
Salary: Dependant on experience
Location: Leicester or Manchester, must be able to travel between these locations regularly.
Travel: Regular travel to global clients essential
• Creating the design strategy element as appropriate on client relationships / projects, business development & PR initiatives.
• Developing trend and insight materials, stimulating strategic thinking within the studio.
• Analyse and simplify complex information into tangible recommendations and discover meaningful insights to be used in the design of communication, environmental and online spaces.
• To be a creative thinker and great communicator who can connect with clients and consumers alike, as well as the wider internal team of the studio.
Live Projects / New Business / Client Communications
Design Strategy, Brief Refinement, Storyboard & Narrative
• Interrogate and refine briefs.
• Thorough knowledge of design, marketing, brand and consumer focus design work in the correct areas to achieve the objectives of the brief. Bring a sense of perspective and context to a project working with designers to guide conceptual design direction.
• To shape and create relevant consumer journeys for projects.
• Decoding and analysing brands and brand values in order to tease out the brand elements and signatures which will guide the design work.
• To write narrative and develop storyboards for presentations.
• Inputting into the phases of multiple projects, maintaining correct levels of strategic direction and ensuring the delivery of outstanding work throughout.
• Attend new business meetings, write proposals, prepare strategic presentations.
• Review the future consumer landscape, looking at things from a different perspective. Build ‘our viewpoint’ in order to inspire, excite and refine the design process.
• Planning and facilitating workshops to tease out best information and generate ideas.
• Developing / collaborating and evangelising the latest in-house thinking and tools on brand and experience.
Editing and Analysis of Insights
• Carrying out research in order to tease out insight to inform the design process.
• Understanding the needs of clients, brand and business.
• Understanding the market context, trends and positioning.
• Understanding the needs and behaviors of target consumers.
New Business / Thought Leadership
• Playing an active role in business development for new business and farming initiatives.
• Write abstracts and opinion pieces on specific subjects for publication or circulation with clients and press.
• Contribute to content for social media and website.
• Attend key exhibitions, events and trend seminars and other industry related events, maximising networking opportunities.
• Fuel the team with insights and inspiration.
• Encourage, guide, develop and inspire colleagues within the studio. Managing freelance
employees/interns where appropriate.